WP Crowdfunding: Is it worth the try?
Crowdfunding is a method of raising capital through the collective effort of friends, family, customers, and individual investors. This approach taps into the collective efforts of a large pool of individuals—primarily online via social media and crowdfunding platforms—and leverages their networks for greater reach and exposure (Fundable, 2021).
In today’s article, we will be discussing a platform called WP Crowdfunding, a service provided by Themeum, which offers individuals the ability to create a fundraising or backer site, with WordPress.
What exactly is WP Crowdfunding and how do users sign up?
WP Crowdfunding is an innovative WordPress plugin that helps users create a fundraising or backer site with WordPress. This plugin is based on WooCommerce, which has a native wallet system for accepting local payments. With this being said, WP Crowdfunding has a facility to split the money through Paypal or Stripe Connect which is why it is a full-fledged crowdfunding system.
In order to sign up, users can choose between a free version or a pro version which begins at $149 a year. Once users make the decision, they are required to go through a simple three-step process:
- Go to the following page (WP Crowdfunding → License Page) to find the license activation page. There, users will need to input their license key to activate the chosen version of WP Crowdfunding.
- Click on the “Get License Key” button to find your premium plugin activation license key. From there, users will find their license key for the plugin from their “My Account” page.
- After users have copied and pasted their License Key, they must click on the “connect with License Key” to activate their pro plugin. From there, users will be able to benefit from all the great features WP Crowding has to offer.
Notable features WP Crowdfunding offers:
WP Crowding offers’ its users a variety of Free features while using their service. Key features include:
- Native Wallet System: WP Crowdfunding Native Wallet system helps keep track of funds raised on a crowdfunding project. The project owner is able to send a withdraw request to the admin after raising a certain amount of money, which then calculates the withdrawable project funds, website commissions and generates statistics.
- Stripe Connect: Stripe connect payment system is very useful for crowdfunding sites to seamlessly send the money to the project owner and the admin at a particular time. WP Crowdfunding offers’ a facility through supporting Stripe Connect
- Frontend Operations: From registration to the project submission form, everything is frontend in WP Crowdfunding. Users can add or update projects in a comfortable interface as well as check any statistics needed through viewing a summary
- Money Management: This feature offers a unique, adaptable money management system that is supported by PayPal, Stripe, Skrill as well as Cards.
Key Features included while using their Paid version include:
- reCAPTCHA: Assists users in staying away from all spam comments and unauthorized login attempts.
- Stripe Connect: Effortlessly sends the users money to the project owner and the admin at one time
- Reports & Stats: Shows users detailed stats and reports of the campaigns running on their crowdfunding platform
- Native Wallet: Has a built-in system to track pledges and distribute payment amounts to users’ stakeholders
Is WP Crowdfunding a reliable service to use?
Through further research, WP Crowdfunding, without a doubt is a safe, and reliable service to use. In terms of its privacy and security, the platform states that they use and protect any information that is given to users. Along with this, WP Crowding states that they are committed to ensuring that all users privacy is protected especially with any personal information which can be assured through their privacy statement. With this being said, in order to confirm that this service is reliable, the service constantly keeps ratings as well as their website updated every couple of days in order for their users to feel safe and secure while using the platform.
The final message
To conclude, WP Crowdfunding, provided by Themeum is a great service that provides its users with the ability to create a fundraising or backer site, with WordPress in an effortless way. Through its many amazing features, users are able to collectively connect with individuals online and leverage their networks for overall, greater exposer.
Affiliate link: https://www.themeum.com/?ref=kiuloper