Dropbox Business: Should businesses give it a try?
Having an application that allows businesses to securely sync, share and collaborate can be extremely beneficial when working towards long-term success. However, finding one that offers great cloud storage, prevents lost files, as well as provides flexible storage plans can sometimes be very difficult. With this being said, in today’s article, we will be discussing Dropbox business, what it is, its many features, along with its privacy and security terms.
What exactly is Dropbox Business?
Dropbox Business is a secure file sharing application that helps its users keep projects moving from anywhere at any time. It allows users to access work, collaborates with co-workers and clients, as well as quickly take care of tasks from multiple devices.
With this in mind, Dropbox Business offers its users a wide range of features and benefits that many file sharing applications fail to provide such as:
- Share any file or folder easily, with anyone: File sharing with Dropbox is quick and simple. By just sharing a link, users can send anything – from photos and videos to zipped folders and large CAD files – to anyone, even if they don’t have a Dropbox account.
- Get real-time updates when you share files: Find out exactly when someone has made changes to a file. With cloud file-sharing services from Dropbox, users immediately see who’s added, edited, deleted, renamed, or moved an online file. Any changes made to a shared file will be automatically updated and synced for all recipients.
- Organize shared folders: Dropbox cloud storage is a great place to help teams get organized and add files to one central location. It’s easy for team members to see where everything is, and which files are the most recent—and in need of immediate attention.
- Manage folder permissions: This allows users to ensure secure folder sharing with multiple folder permissions. Users can choose if they want to give recipients editing or view-only access to their folder and manage their sharing options.
- Granular folder permissions: Share a specific subfolder without giving access to the entire folder it lives within. Give vendors access to just one “Final Images” subfolder.
- Back up any file or folder: No matter the file or folder users are trying to back up—from photos and videos to large CAD files and PowerPoint presentations—users can store it safely using cloud storage solutions from Dropbox.
- Access your files from multiple devices: Dropbox offers one central hub for online file storage, file sharing, and syncing. Whether users are at work or on the road, their files are synced across their devices and accessible in real-time.
- Protect your data: If a user’s device is lost or stolen Remote wipe lets users clear all the files and folders from their missing device’s Dropbox account.
- Get the right amount of storage space for you: Need more storage space? Dropbox has a range of cloud storage solutions that will offer users the right amount of online storage—no matter how much they need.
- Get offline access on all your devices: With the desktop app, locally synchronized folders and files are available even when users are away from an internet connection. Once they get back online, Dropbox will automatically synchronize their folders and files with all the latest changes.
- Save space: With Dropbox Smart Sync, free up precious hard drive space by sending files to the cloud. Even though they are cloud-synced and stored, users are still able to view every folder and file from their desktop.
- Lightning-fast collaboration: Dropbox is a productivity app that lets teams share work and collaborate together with ease. Whether it’s project management, task management, time tracking, or note-taking, teams can get more work done without leaving Dropbox.
- Creating custom watermarks is easy with personalization: Users can create a custom watermark to their unique specifications—without needing a dedicated watermark app.
- Share all the content that matters: Paper’s collaborative document editing allows users to share all types of content with project partners in just one document.
- Give and get real-time feedback: Paper makes the process of gathering project feedback easier. Collaborate, share, and edit along with colleagues with just one doc.
- Streamline your entire content calendar in one document: Users and their team will always know exactly who’s doing what when they create a social media content calendar template in Dropbox Paper.
Is Dropbox Business a reliable application?
Dropbox provides the control and visibility features that IT admins need. Behind the scenes, it offers a secure, sophisticated infrastructure built to protect user’s data while being transferred, stored, and processed. Their information security management framework is designed to assess risks and build a culture of security. Dropbox is consistently assessing risks and improving security, confidentiality, integrity, and availability in its systems. They regularly review and update security policies; provide employees with security training; perform application and network security testing, conduct risk assessments; and monitor compliance with security policies. With this being said, it is safe to say that Dropbox Business is a very reliable application for businesses to use.