Full Stack Developer – Winter Part Time
DEADLINE: March 15, 2021 by 5pm EST. LOCATION: Remote HOURLY WAGE: $16/hr DURATION: 4-8 months for 15 hours per week
Who is Kiuloper
Kiuloper is a Canadian digital creative agency that offers everything! Serving internationally to any old or new businesses that are looking into having a strong online presence. Established in 2016, we are proud to be one of the biggest companies that offer truly everything a business needs to succeed.
Since working in this industry, the experience of these years has shown us that digital media and having an online presence can play a key role in improving the quality of life for all of us and those with small businesses out there. However, starting from zero can be stressful! Having to work with multiple companies to have an online presence can be scary, especially if it is your first time. Getting into a loop-whole just because you need help with something, or having a problem that needs to be worked on is not fun! Especially when those who you work with keep on blaming each other. It was precisely this concept that led us to create Kiuloper, in the hope that we can play a small role in the development and improvement of the world around us and help businesses shine.
Who we are looking for
You build genuine and lasting connections with the clients you serve. You thrive on making a difference and value impact-based work. You are a natural problem-solver who loves a challenge. You have a natural knack for a problem-solving, a creative thinker, fast code learner with an interest in website design.
You enjoy a start-up-based entrepreneurial environment where you can ‘hit the ground running’ by tactically helping to build things such as an online marketing strategy and execute activities to drive audience engagement and brand visibility. You are well-rounded and able to manage multiple diverse tasks from marketing to developing templates and processes to improve efficiency around existing grant and procurement-based operations.
As a Full Stack Developer you’ll be tasked with working on one of our web application projects. Working within the software development team, your duties will require you to assist in the development and architecture of consumer and enterprise applications. This role is ideal for ambitious developers who feel confident in their technical ability and want to be apart of the highly-skilled development team at Konrad.
- Write maintainable, testable, and performant software in collaboration with our world-class team
- Participate in code review and performing extensive testing to ensure high-quality software
- Research new technology and tools and share those findings with the team
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all members of our team
- Collaborate with team members to work on client projects
- Computer Science/DEM/ICCIT student, currently enrolled in an accredited Canadian university
- Strong written and oral skills
- Deep understanding of each of the parts that make up a modern web application (APIs, templating, routing, data storage, design patterns, optimization, caching, security)
- Fundamental knowledge of core web principals (HTTP, the DOM, SSL, web servers)
- Fluency with relational databases or alternatively NoSQL databases
- Front end framework experience using React or Angular is an asset
- Custom development with ASP.NET, Java Spring, or Node.js experience is an asset
- Great interpersonal skills – we work very closely together as a team and require a lot of communication
- Proactive personality, and a desire to deliver your best work
- A love for improving software development workflows/process
Kiuloper is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are no longer accepting applications for this role! We may however open up applications again based on the summer budget increase.